Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Cannot connect to Qlik Sense server

Error Qlik Sense.PNG.png

there was a error, connection lost.............................

When i look in the Proxy LOG it says:

Error during stream authentication to serverAuthentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.   at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.Tcp.StreamFactory.<>c__DisplayClassd.<>c__DisplayClassf.<Negotiate>b__b(IAsyncResult result)209f2e9e-d70b-422b-844d-239ae54a0ad9
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Nope, same error!

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

In the QMC, go to Proxies - Central Proxy and click Edit.

Then, click on the "Default proxy" property on the right panel and add the IP address of the server to the "Websocket origin whitelist".

Apply changes and try again.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Nope, same error!

Not applicable

I would suggest that you file a case in the portal for this issue.

Not applicable

I don't want to sound like Captain Obvious but be sure you typed the server IP address and not the client IP address.

Not applicable

Hi Jochen, You can start to check that the certificates is in place for the service running the qlik sense services. If you open MMC and remove the certificate snap in, can you see any Sense certificates?

Thanks,

Regards

Katarina

pbr
Employee
Employee

To help on the point Katarina made, here is the process to find and possibly recreate the certificates if you need to -

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services

Untitled.png

There's no need to do a full reinstall to propagate new certificates. They are being created by the Repository Service automatically if missing.

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Pierce

I am not seeing any certificates issued. I am using an account that is admin on the domain and local admin just for good measure. Any ideas?

Not applicable

Hi Brad, if you do not see any certificates issued, then this is the problem.

Were you able to install qlik sense without any problems? or did you receive any kind of error messages? Also did you follow the qlik sense quick installation guide when installing Qlik Sense?

Thank you

Regards

Katarina

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I made a ticket for support, thnx!