Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikWetterberg

Cannot install June 2017 release

Hi!

I am trying to upgrade my Sense Desktop installation from 3.2 to June 2017, but the installation fails. When I check the log files I find this in a file called Qlik_Sense_Desktop_June_2017_20170630073820_004_SenseDesktop.log:

Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Error 1606. Could not access network location \\ITSEELM-NT0046\ERWZT$\Document\\Qlik.

This is the network folder my document folder is redirected to. I have access rights to it, and my Sense Desktop 3.2 installation uses

it for apps, extensions etc, which works well. We had the same problem with the 3.2 install, but then it affected only DemoApps, so we could install desktop and skip DemoApps. With the June 2017 release it seems like this problem affects the Desktop installation too.

How can I solve this??

Erik Wetterberg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to have been around for several years; there's a solution here:

Re: Installation problem (always rolls back)

This involves a simple temporary change to the PC registry.

It took me a while to find the fix, but it worked.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you tried with a Shared Folder instead of a Network path ?

Qlik has some issues with a network location containing "$".

Regards,

ErikWetterberg
Author

Hi,

No I haven't. I don't set this up myself, the customers IT department does, and I can't just change it, it's their policy. If I have IT change it, I can probably just as easily have them remove the mapping. Just wanted to know if anybody had seen this problem and had a workaround for it.

BTW, the installation on my own computer, without remapping, works fine.

Thanks

Erik Wetterberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only solution I had was to get a proper Shared Folder Name (Right Click on folder and Share Folder).

In your case, it would be something as:

\\ITSEELM-NT0046\Qlik

Your own computer doesn't have Network path on it normally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to have been around for several years; there's a solution here:

Re: Installation problem (always rolls back)

This involves a simple temporary change to the PC registry.

It took me a while to find the fix, but it worked.

Steve

ErikWetterberg
Author

Thanks Steve,

This solved the problem for me.

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem on upgrading to latest qlik sense June 2017 release. I have done all thread suggestions like changing the registry and installing to different folders etc. The upgrade always fails when new release is launch. Please help me as my company needs it for evaluation and purchase if it shows valuable to our company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik.

I have tried what you suggested and still fails to be upgraded.