Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brantley_hobbs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Central node reinstall strategies

All,

We need to reinstall our Qlik Sense enterprise central node, both to change the host name (I saw instructions online for this; they didn't work for us...spent 12 hours trying to make it work yesterday, including 2.5 on the phone with Qlik support), and to install with an installer account instead of a personal user account. 

Does anyone have any tips/clues/documentation/suggestions on migration strategies?  I'm particularly concerned about preserving user's work.  I can recreate by hand the existing streams, export existing apps, and security/sync rules, as well as user directory connector definitions.  We have a couple of rim nodes, but they are dev instances that I am happy to just start over with.

Thanks for any input!

5 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Before uninstalling you can take a backup as suggested https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Shraddha.

brantley_hobbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.  Wouldn't a backup/restore be dependent on the host name of the server not changing?  In my case, I am also changing the name of the server.

balexbyrd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Brantley,

Coincidentally we're actually going through the basically the same thing. We're moving from a single node 2.1.1 to multi-node 3.1. The backup and restore does require the files to be restored to the same server.

We're using AWS and our solution was to take a snapshot (AMI) of the server and use that image to instantiate the new server. You'll have to work through certificate issues at first, but this is the most thorough and quickest way to do replicate an environment. 

Later on down the road we found our image to not be as stable so we had to start from scratch Hope your luck is better!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think taking snapshot backup of server would not work int his case.

You can do a repository database backup & restore on different server.

We have moved from multi node to single node. The single node was on new physical server where we have restored the backup taken from old central node of multi node.

You can also restore certificates.

Follow below URL for taking backup

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Follow below URL to restore the backup

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Nithesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nithesh,

What was the reason you moved from single node to multi node? did you changed the node that was central to rim node? in order to do so we must reinstall?