Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Change location of Content Libraries in Qlik Sense 2.0.7 - IMPORTANT

Good Day Everyone!

We have a D drive attached to our Qlik Sense server. It is HUGE, but our C drive is pretty limited. So it drives the need of having the Content Libraries in another disk.

Is there a setting we add to make this change? I know this option is not configurable over QMC.

Thank you for your help!

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this post helps: Sense Server 2.1 File Storage Locations.

Or maybe you can use windows junctions: Hard Links and Junctions (Windows)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Gysbert, thank you for your reply! Really appreciate it.

But it is not what I am looking for. I already have the applications being stored on a custom location. What I really need is to change the location of the Content Libraries.

Set a new default location for the Content libraries instead of

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\

Please see what I am referring to:

Content Library.jpg

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, I know what you're referring to. And you cannot change that in the QMC. You can change for example the app folder using the settings.ini file. Maybe that's also possible for the content folder. And if it isn't (and it's not recommended any way) you can probably use junctions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

In 2.2 , the apps location can now be changed on the 'engine' properties in QMC without use of an INI... so things are moving in the right direction.

For the content library ? Nothing that i know of but i'll see if i can ask around and get some direction on that. 

Not applicable

Hi Jonathan, in my (multi-node) installation of 3.2 SR4, it seems that the "App folder" setting is on the Service Cluster properties in QMC.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You got it !  Capabilities have been updated and this can now be done (rightfully) in the QMC.

Not applicable

Should it be editable? The UI (with its "Apply" button) and this conversation suggest I should be able to change the App folder location for example; but the field is ng-disabled for my user (logged in as RootAdmin).

So I'm not sure why...

I would understand  if it's something that can only be changed when installing... do I need to uninstall/reinstall?         

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Did you install Qlik Sense with Synchronized Persistence or Shared Persistence ?  It asks you during the install

Not applicable

Damn, should've mentioned it sooner: Shared Persistence.