Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightluffy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Could not import user from sql server

Hi, 

I have created the user directory connector by use SQL(via ODBC). But after syncing  there is no user synced. 

Here is the image of directory connector: https://imgur.com/sgfbUqb

here is my table structure:

create table Qlik_Users
(
userid nvarchar(20) primary key,
[name] nvarchar(20)
)

create table Qlik_UserAttributes
(
id int identity(1,1) primary key,
userid nvarchar(20),
[type] nvarchar(30),
[value] nvarchar(2000)
)

I insert my user userid(kirito) and name(kirito) into table Qlik_Users. I also  insert userid(kirito), type(email),value(xxx@xxx.com) into table Qlik_UserAttributes.

But after sync, there is no user synced. 

Here is the log:

Database done with 0 users and 0 groups in user directory

So I have no idea how to resolve the issue. Please help me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Since there is an entry indicating that it synchronized 0 users, connectivity shouldn't be an issue.

Is this option checked?

udc-options.png

The consequence of this option is that it only synchronizes users who match users who are listed in the QMC > Users section. Unchecking this option is fine if the synchronization is expected to bring in a relatively low number of users. For example connecting to Active Directory in a smaller organization or against a carefully maintained ODBC source. It's not ideal for scenarios where the source user base is quite large and where the majority of those users will not access Qlik Sense Enterprise. For example in an Enterprise Active Directory environment where the company has tens of thousands of user accounts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Since there is an entry indicating that it synchronized 0 users, connectivity shouldn't be an issue.

Is this option checked?

udc-options.png

The consequence of this option is that it only synchronizes users who match users who are listed in the QMC > Users section. Unchecking this option is fine if the synchronization is expected to bring in a relatively low number of users. For example connecting to Active Directory in a smaller organization or against a carefully maintained ODBC source. It's not ideal for scenarios where the source user base is quite large and where the majority of those users will not access Qlik Sense Enterprise. For example in an Enterprise Active Directory environment where the company has tens of thousands of user accounts.

knightluffy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

wow, unchecking the Sync user data for existing users option works. Thank you very much. 

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Great. Please mark the reply as the solution so that other users who encounter similar issues can easily find a potential solution.