Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Create a security rule to provide access to users as a viewer/reader

Hi,

I have created streams where people will have access to the dashboard based on the security rule i have written. However, i am not sure how i can create a security rule which will provide users access only to the dashboard content and not allow them to create anything at all.

sense_screen1.png

What options should i choose or how should i create a rule that can provide such feature. With only the read option, the users are still able to create reports for themselves. I am looking to block that access also and provide only viewing capability only for a certain set of users.

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Aadil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Create a security rule to provide access to users as a viewer/reader

Aadil,

Have a look at this webinar: SenseSecurityRules.mp4 - Google Drive

Basically you can alter the CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp (I recommend disabling the default rule and making a copy) to not create.  Open this rule and you can deselect Create and it will change the behavior.  If you only want to do it on a specific stream, you can add the stream to the conditions resource.App.stream.name = %streamName%.

jg

3 Replies
Not applicable

Aadil,

Have a look at this webinar: SenseSecurityRules.mp4 - Google Drive

Basically you can alter the CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp (I recommend disabling the default rule and making a copy) to not create.  Open this rule and you can deselect Create and it will change the behavior.  If you only want to do it on a specific stream, you can add the stream to the conditions resource.App.stream.name = %streamName%.

jg

Partner
Partner

Thanks a lot!

That webinar is perfect!

Just wondering, if i would like to register for any such webinar that are about to happen, where can i register. Any url or a community group or any space in the partner portal. Please do let me know.

Thanks again.

Aadil

Not applicable

Aadil, we have webinars going on all the time sponsored by different areas for different initiatives.  mto‌ has posted a number of videos on the Qlik YouTube channel Qlik - YouTube and New to Qlik Sense Videos area here on Community.

Cheers,

Jeff G