Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a REFRESH PLUG-IN!!!!supported by sense application?what is the process?required documentation needed?

Hello,

I want to create a REFRESH PLUG-IN to avoid manual loading of data into an already existing .qvf file.

Description:

The plug-in when  installed appears as a REFRESH BUTTON on the actual visualizations page. When mouse pointer is hovered over it, a status message is displayed(an example status message: Database was last updated at hr:min:sec). From the status message the user gets to know whether the data needs to be reloaded into the Qlik Sense Desktop Application or not.

On clicking the refresh button the database is checked for the modified data logs, if found then the modified data is loaded into the Qlik Sense Desktop application and corresponding visualizations are updated. 

This avoids the manual loading of data into the Qlik Sense Application when the data logs are updated frequently, the status message enables the user to know whether the database is updated? when is it updated ? were the changes reflected in visualizations?

Support Required from Qlik:

• Whether the refresh functionality is supported by Qlik Sense Desktop or not.
  • If supported suggest a way to create this kind of plug-ins.
  • How can I register my code with Qlik Sense Tool so that proper integration can be done with the desktop application?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
dilip1234
Creator
Creator

Hi Sai,

It's a good idea.

As far as my knowledge there is no functionality provided by Qlik to refresh data except data load editor reload button.

But if you want to create this then, I think Qlik extension can help you to do that. Through Qlik extension you can write your code and get it done. I am not 100% sure but, yes I've created 4-5 extensions, which are directly communicating with my application.

Once you are done with your plug-in, you can upload that on Qlik Branch so other people can also use your plug-in.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Dilip Solanki

Thanks
Dilip Solanki