Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sforrester
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Customize the Access Denied error in Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I have searched and been unable to find any information on this subject. Is there a way to customize the text for the Access Denied error that users get when trying to open a dashboard that they do not have access to? We spend a lot of time having to explain this to users when a simple text change could let them know more detail.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @sforrester 

This is not explicitly supported in the product, but it is doable, though I don't know if it works for all messages. 

See: How to customize the text of a generic Qlik Sense error message 

Note that not only will these changes be reverted after an upgrade, it will make troubleshooting if you require assistance from Qlik Support difficult.

What I'd urge you to do is to hop over to our Ideas forum and leave feedback for our Developers that this is a sort of functionality you'd like to see. An "Let us add custom text to error messages" sort of thing. Feel free to reply to this message once you have done so and add the link, because I will definitely give it a vote.

The ideas forum is over here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

All the best,

Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @sforrester 

This is not explicitly supported in the product, but it is doable, though I don't know if it works for all messages. 

Note that not only will these changes be reverted after an upgrade, it will make troubleshooting if you require assistance from Qlik Support difficult.

What I'd urge you to do is to hop over to our Ideas forum and leave feedback for our Developers that this is a sort of functionality you'd like to see. An "Let us add custom text to error messages" sort of thing. Feel free to reply to this message once you have done so and add the link, because I will definitely give it a vote.

The ideas forum is over here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

All the best,

Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @sforrester 

All the best,

Sonja

TgrPep
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am also looking to customize the error message to help our users.  Have there been any updates on this since 2020 so that the message is now customizable?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @TgrPep,

The same caveats apply now as they did when the original question was asked.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!