Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iacovosk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Deleted self issued certificate - can not access Hub or QMC

Hi All,

I have been experiencing issues with the trusted certificate issues by a CA to work. Adding/removing the certificate would still show an error that the connection was not trusted when this was accessed from another machine.

So, I had been playing around recently and in one of my attempts I exported the self issued certificate, deleted and try to see if it works. Needless, to say I could not open the Hub nor QMC. I then restored the certificate but I get the same results.Now my problem is not whether my connection is untrusted but inaccessible.

Any pointers how to restore this? I tried repairing the installation but still get the same error and I can not access Qlik.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you delete the self-signed certificates you need to restart the repository service so it can create new self-signed certificates. Once the self-signed certificates are installed you can follow this procedure to install a certificate from a trusted CA: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-to-signed...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you delete the self-signed certificates you need to restart the repository service so it can create new self-signed certificates. Once the self-signed certificates are installed you can follow this procedure to install a certificate from a trusted CA: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-to-signed...

iacovosk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the info! I did try to delete local computer\personal certificate but this was not created when I restarted the repository service. What am I missing?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea, perhaps just patience. It takes some minutes to regenerate the certificates.

iacovosk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After several attempts it worked. You may wonder what I did to work:

1. Stopped Qlik services
  2. Deleted self-signed certificates by Qlik
  3. Repaired Qlik Sense installation
  4. Restarted services

I think adding step 3 is what made the difference and eventually worked.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

For thoroughness:

• Pre Qlik Sense June 2017: Restart the Repository Service
  • Qlik Sense June 2017+:
    1. Repair the install
    2. Open cmd.exe with administrative rights

• Change the directory to the Repository install path

• Default path C:\"Program Files"\Qlik\Sense\Repository

• Execute the following command: Repository.exe  -bootstrap -standalone -restorehostname

There are extra steps in June or higher due to the failover functionality (rebuilding the cert will destroy the failover architecture).

mats_carrgard
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all for the tips. As of Feb-2019 release, a simple Repair did the trick. No need to do anything else for us to get the service back up and running.