Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Disable Excel Export in Qlik Sense

Hi there Qlik Community,

I have a question regarding Excel Export from Qlik Sense.

I want to diable Excel Export for the Users. The users should still be able to export/print sheet as PDF and export Qlik Stories to Powerpoint.
I am aware, that export can be be disabled via security rule. But my requirement is, that ONLY Excel export is disabled.

Is there any way to disable Excel Export exclusivly ?

Cheers from Germany,
Fabian

Labels (4)
2 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Fabian,

what you need to do, you need to write a security rule for your user and app object level template and uncheck the export option.

Custom security rule to access any app or app object in any stream will work as per use case when you disable default secuirty rule names "Stream"

Please refer following doc which will guide you to do so:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Sheet-or-App-Object-Level-Security-Qli...

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as Like. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

alis2063
Creator III
Creator III

Can we set security rule for  exprot data in excel just for specific app & Sheets.

For example 

I have 5 Qlik Sense Apps

1)App1

2)App2

3)App3

4)App4

5)App5

I want to include export(excel) feature on just for one application (Apps 2)& will be applicable for just 1 sheets.

Apps  2 are having  2 sheets  but export feaures is applicable for Sheet no 2.

Regards,

Al