Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phultman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Disk full

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Qlik Sense Enterprise installation. The hard disk is rapidly filling up (se below).

I have not paid attention to the disk space used until I got a warning about full disk last week. Today I created some space (~20Gb) but it has already been filled up. Server has been running without any problem since may this year.

Hope someone can tell me if this is normal behaviour for Qlik? If not, what is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Peter

disk usage.PNG

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's most likely the logging that's stored in the QLogs database. You can change the logging configuration to for example set a maximum size of that database or the age of the log entries or disabling logging to the database altogether.  See the online help page for more information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's most likely the logging that's stored in the QLogs database. You can change the logging configuration to for example set a maximum size of that database or the age of the log entries or disabling logging to the database altogether.  See the online help page for more information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

phultman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, you are completely right. It is the QLogs database.

I changed the configuration and set the maximum size to 40GB but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

log_entries is 77GB

archive_entries is 35GB

Do I need to do something else to free up space from DB?

phultman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

---

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging>Qlik.Logging.Service.exe validate
archive_age_in_hours: 720
last_forced_db_trim: 2018-05-03 13:49:49.32026+02
purge_age_in_hours: 1440
version: 0.3

CentralizedLoggingEnabled: True
LoggingToFileEnabled: True
MaximumDatabaseSizeInGB: Max db size(40GB) enforced

---

What does 'last_forced_db_trim' mean? Can I force a trim of the DB? 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, see the online help page I posted about. There are archive and purge commands you can use. You will probably also want to vacuum the postgresql database. See the postgresql documentation for the vacuum command.