Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicating apps from Qlik Sense streams

Is it possible for a regular business user to duplicate an existing app (which the user doesn't own) from a particular stream into his own "Work" stream so that s/he will be able to add data inside of the app without modifying the app which was originally published?

I work with business users who want to add their own data into apps that already exist.

This article suggests that it is possible to do this in QS 3.2: https://community.qlik.com/message/925167#925167

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

An option with the current releases is to give to those business users a limited access to the QMC, so that the only operation they can do is to duplicate a published app.

Future release will allow that operation from the hub

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

An option with the current releases is to give to those business users a limited access to the QMC, so that the only operation they can do is to duplicate a published app.

Future release will allow that operation from the hub

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Dave_FTC
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I duplicate the data associated with a published app back into  WORK from the EVERYONE stream? 

Not finding a solution, what  'key' words do I need to search on? I did see mention of a sync in one post, is that something I as a developer need to initiate? Thanks

Greg1291
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

You have to right-click on the app and select "Duplicate".

If you are not the owner of the app, you have to duplicate it from the QMC.

If you don't have access to the QMC you have to ask to system administrator (or to the owner of the app)

sarithaallot
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi 

please have a look on this video.I think this will help u to duplicate the app data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DawuIOzEGPs

jkadowGkn
Contributor
Contributor

Ves,

Can you specify which versions of QS this option is available with from the QMC and the Hub? Can you also provide directions on how to provide this level of access?