cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajbalgobind
Contributor
Contributor

Edit user access rule to grant access

We have installed Qlik sense, but we are not able to create apps because it says we don't have an access pass.
We have a 5 professional user, what do we have to do to get this started - I understood that we have to edit user access rule to grant users access - I see how this is done but this is not working for us. Anyone an example?

8 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Just create a Professional Access Rule or allocated it as the follow step by step:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/manage-pr...

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will need to assigt licenses to your users, either by creating an access rule or manually. You can handle your user licenses in the https://YourServer/qmc/licenseusagesummary .

See my attached picture below, it is not exactly the same view as yours as my server is not in the new license model (professional/analyzer).

image.png

rajbalgobind
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is what I see, also no Professionala access allocations as decribed in the manual.

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@rajbalgobind - Click on the "User Access Allocation" tab. Then click on "Allocate" button located at the bottom. This will open a popup listing all your users. Just select the users you wish to allocate the licenses to and press ok. That should do the job.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

Based on the screenshot it looks like you have an issue with your license. It's also a token based license (with 0 tokens) and not professional/analyzer.  

I would suggest reaching out to your account manager. 

Hope this will help!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Bastien_Laugiero - Well spotted, missed that part.

I just thought they were on token based license, didn't check that they had 0 token...
Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Have you converted an old license into the new analyzer professional? Could it be that you are working on an Qlik Sense installation that is not prepared for this "new" license model? I believe the Analyzer/Professional model where introduced around february 2018. 

Which QS version are you using?

rajbalgobind
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We have reinstalled qlik now to the edition 2019 and see the professional user access, but when try to allocate we only can select the internal users (preselected at installation) and admin. We have allocated on license to the admin but how can we create other users (we have 5 professional licsense). See screenshot