Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

jchevali
New Contributor

Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Hello all,

We did an upgrade of Qliksense on server.

All the services are running, the tasks are successfull. But when we click to open the application we have an error message : the app you specified could not be found.

Can someone help us to solv this issue ?

Thanks and regards

6 Replies
shaun_lombard
Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Which version did you upgrade to, did it involve going to shared persistence?

jchevali
New Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Hi Shaun,

It was an upgrade from 2.1.X to June 2017.

Yes we moved to shared persistence following this doc :

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploymen...

On ~80 apps, 23 were failing (even migration status was Ok).

shaun_lombard
Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

So you upgraded to 3.1.2 first?

jchevali
New Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Hi Shaun,

Not precisely by the 3.1.2.

Actually we made :

2.0.X -> 3.0.0 -> 3.2.5 -> June 2017

shaun_lombard
Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Similar to us. We went 3.0.4 --> 3.2.1 --> June 2017.

I did not encounter the same issue.

I would be getting the app id's from the QMC and checking if they actually exist in the shared folder you created.

If they do exist, you could take a copy of the apps qvf files to another folder, add the .qvf extension and then try importing them again.

If they don't exist in the shared folder then they should still exist in the original programdata folder.

shaun_lombard
Contributor

Re: Error occurred: The app you specified could not be found

Strangely enough I also experienced the exact same error in one of our environments.

It turned out to be the sequence in which some servers were started after some maintenance.

After I started the Central server first, and then later the RIM servers it all started to work again.

Community Browser