Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error when creating User Directory Connector using SQL (via ODBC)

Hi All,

I'm trying to create User Directory Connector through SQL (via ODBC), which should connect to SQL server database to retrieve Users and Users Attributes, but I'm getting configuration errors:

UDC.JPG

I've been on following link but no lock!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/user-directory-connectors...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Error when creating User Directory Connector using SQL (via ODBC)

Hello Nur Faten,

maybe you don't have the SQL Server Native Client 11.0 Driver installed on Qlik Sense Server. You can try Driver={SQL Server}; and if that does not work install the SQL Server ODBC driver.


I would also remove the database name and schema from the table names:

User table name: [External_Users]

Attribute table name: [External_Users_Attributes]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Error when creating User Directory Connector using SQL (via ODBC)

Hello Nur Faten,

maybe you don't have the SQL Server Native Client 11.0 Driver installed on Qlik Sense Server. You can try Driver={SQL Server}; and if that does not work install the SQL Server ODBC driver.


I would also remove the database name and schema from the table names:

User table name: [External_Users]

Attribute table name: [External_Users_Attributes]

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Re: Error when creating User Directory Connector using SQL (via ODBC)

Thank you for your reply Mathias.

I found the error and I have corrected it already and finally it works. There is nothing wrong with the connection string. The only mistake I made is that Qlik couldn't read the table because of the column name in my SQL table. The column name must be the same as in the example in this link ODBC example ‒ Qlik Sense.

Thanks.