Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export QVF on Test -> Import QVF on Prod =Loose alternative dimensions

I created alternative dimensions in the test environment of Qlik 2.2.4 and they work fine. But if I deploy the report to production by exporting to a qvd file on the test server and importing this file on the production server all alternative dimensions are gone.

Is it possible to deploy my report from test to production without loosing the alternative dimensions?

Daan Stam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, I don't have a set of Qlik Sense Enterprise installations to play with. But if I create an app with alternative dimensions and measures in Qlik Cloud and export that app then those all show up correctly if I open the app in Qlik Sense Desktop. Is your production environment also Qlik 2.2.4? Or perhaps an older version that doesn't support this feature?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qvd files contain only data. Are you sure you're not talking about .qvf files?

Not applicable
Author

You are right. The are .qvf files not .qvd.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, I don't have a set of Qlik Sense Enterprise installations to play with. But if I create an app with alternative dimensions and measures in Qlik Cloud and export that app then those all show up correctly if I open the app in Qlik Sense Desktop. Is your production environment also Qlik 2.2.4? Or perhaps an older version that doesn't support this feature?

Not applicable
Author

The test server and the production server both run exactly the same version. But if I import the exported qvf in Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0.0 the alternative dimensions are available. It seems something is broken/buggy on at least the production server.
I wil start testing version 3.0.0 Enterprise after my holiday. Thanks for all your effort.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No problem. Good luck!