cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Facing issues after upgrading to February 2020

We were on Nov 2018 P4 and upgraded to Nov 2019 P5. Things were smooth here and our extensions, apps and everything worked as expected.
And then we upgraded to Feb 2020 due to node.js vulnerability (recreating certs is an issue, and hence moved to this version).

Now, since the upgrade, am facing multiple issues.

1. I am logged in as qlikadmin (root admin) and have only one other tab open in the same browser for QMC. And keep getting the error "the proxy is waiting for a new session" whenever I am opening the hub. I waited for a whole 2 hours and opened hub and still keep encountering this issue (screenshot attached). Edit: Happening for all users, not just qlikadmin. QMC opens, app opens, but hub fails to load.

2. Another issue is about extensions. We have theme and a custom extension that worked well in Nov 2019 post upgrade too. But post upgrade to Feb 2020, though the extensions are visible in QMC, they aren't visible in apps. Apps working in Nov 2019 are breaking in Feb 2020 and showing "extension not there" kind of message on app UI.

3. And out of the blue, all apps are showing the message "no sheets are available". Screenshot attached. These apps have been in place for over a few months now and been working in November 2018 and November 2019 with no issues. It is not just one app, but all the apps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Anonymous 

We had to go through a slightly different route here. Steps below.

Process testing successfully on:

Nov 2017 --> Feb 2020

Nov 2018 --> Feb 2020

Sep 2019 --> Feb 2020

Nov 2019 --> Feb 2020

------------------

Single Node

1. Stop all Qlik Sense services.
  2. Open Powershell in Administrator mode.
  3. Back up all current Qlik Sense certificates by executing PowerShell script.
  4. Remove current Qlik Sense root CA certificate by executing PowerShell script.
    • Make sure script completes without any errors. Otherwise remove Qlik Sense root CA certificate manually.
  5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository and open Repository.exe.config file.
    1. Make sure Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA key has value set to true, in example:
      1. <add key="Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA" value="true" />
      2. If the above key is not present, add it within <appSettings> section, in example:

(…)

<add key="BackgroundWork.CountLimit" value="3" />

<add key="Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA" value="true" />

<add key="DatabaseCommandTimeout" value="00:01:30" />

(…)

6. Start Qlik Sense Repository Database service.
  7. Open an command line in administrator mode and navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository
    • Issue the command: repository.exe -bootstrap -iscentral

8. When bootstrap mode has reached Entering main startup phase...
    • Start Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher service and make sure that the Bootstrap mode has terminated.
      • Press ENTER to exit.. final message is shown.
      • Note: If this message is not shown, open Windows Task Manager, find Qlik Sense Repository Service in the Processes tab and end it by right-clicking on it and selecting End task.
    • This should set up the new certificates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@sri_c003, for each of the issues reported:

1. Please see https://support.qlik.com/articles/000036720

2. Please see https://support.qlik.com/articles/000091652

3. The apps may not been properly migrated. I would check if the sheets can be visualized using Qlik Sense Desktop. If so, save the copy and import the copy to QS via QMC to check if sheets become available. You may also want to confirm the issue is not security rule related, even though a bit far fetched. https://support.qlik.com/articles/000036789

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm facing the same issue "The proxy is waiting for a new session" after an upgrade from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020, tested with success on a test environment. 

I've tried all the steps includes here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000036720

I've re-created certificates although the CA-Validator tools says it's OK. I've done it twice to be sure. 

Indeed, with investigation, the broker service won't start, on any port (the default one 4900 or 44900 for example). No firewall or antivirus was on.

I do not find any solution to this except a rollback of our environment, but this is very frustrating since everything was OK on test env. 

I'll open a case to Qlik Support Team shortly, but if anyone could help us, it is always welcomed. 

@sri_c003 Did you find a solution to your issues ? 

Stay safe and have a nice day. 

sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Anonymous 

We had to go through a slightly different route here. Steps below.

Process testing successfully on:

Nov 2017 --> Feb 2020

Nov 2018 --> Feb 2020

Sep 2019 --> Feb 2020

Nov 2019 --> Feb 2020

------------------

Single Node

1. Stop all Qlik Sense services.
  2. Open Powershell in Administrator mode.
  3. Back up all current Qlik Sense certificates by executing PowerShell script.
  4. Remove current Qlik Sense root CA certificate by executing PowerShell script.
    • Make sure script completes without any errors. Otherwise remove Qlik Sense root CA certificate manually.
  5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository and open Repository.exe.config file.
    1. Make sure Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA key has value set to true, in example:
      1. <add key="Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA" value="true" />
      2. If the above key is not present, add it within <appSettings> section, in example:

(…)

<add key="BackgroundWork.CountLimit" value="3" />

<add key="Certificates.SelfSignedRoot.BasicConstraintsCA" value="true" />

<add key="DatabaseCommandTimeout" value="00:01:30" />

(…)

6. Start Qlik Sense Repository Database service.
  7. Open an command line in administrator mode and navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository
    • Issue the command: repository.exe -bootstrap -iscentral

8. When bootstrap mode has reached Entering main startup phase...
    • Start Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher service and make sure that the Bootstrap mode has terminated.
      • Press ENTER to exit.. final message is shown.
      • Note: If this message is not shown, open Windows Task Manager, find Qlik Sense Repository Service in the Processes tab and end it by right-clicking on it and selecting End task.
    • This should set up the new certificates.