Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchayan
Creator
Creator

Failover Candidate Setup and Persistence Mode in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

Can anybody let me know on the below two setups in Qlik Sense :

• Whenever I am adding a new node to an already setup site, I am not able to get the Failover Candidate option when setting up. Thus I am not able to include the node as a Failover candidate. Please help.

• In QMC Start >> Service Cluster >> Persistence Mode >> Single QVF is selected. What does this Persistence mode mean and how many Persistence modes are present?

Please help me clear my above two doubts.

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

9 Replies
sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Anybody who can help me with these doubts?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks.

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

mbaeyens‌ any help regardng this doubt ?

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You have the details in the Qlik Sense 3.1 documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Content/Guides.htm

Administer > Manage Qlik Sense sites PDF

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

Sorry to say but the information I seek isnt there. It only has the information of what a failover node is but what I want is to know that why can't I see the Node Configuration >> Failover candidate check box option when trying to setup a new node?

What are the different Failover node roles?

What does Persistence Mode mean and how many types of such modes are there?

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What is your question exactly? Because the information is there:

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the details. Only one doubt still remains. In my QS site when I am trying to create a new node, I am not getting the Node Configuration > Failover Candidate option, as shown below :

No Failover candidate option.png

Please note, this site is already configured and I am just trying to add a new node as a Failover candidate, but why isnt that option appearing?

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The version you are using supports the Failover Candidate rim node set up?

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

Please find below the Qlik Sense version 3.2 details used in our site and let me know whether it supports Failover Candidate or not. But, as per the Qlik help site I think it does support Failover candidate. If it supports then why am I not getting the Node configuration > Failover Candidate option when trying to create a new node?

Version details.png

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You need to check with Qlik Support. Have your license number ready when you create the case.