Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forced to update Qlik Sense, now svgReader won't work

Not had to use Qlik for a bit, but was asked to do a demo at work, so I fired it up and was bombarded with messages to upgrade which prevented me from taking the few screenshots I required.

I dutifully upgraded and now the svgReader plugin has red hashes and reads "Invalid Visualization" The visualization was not found on the server: svgReader.

I'm sorry to say that I'll have to show my dashboards without svgs side by side with versions I've done in PowerBi which have them to senior staff and explain that the like-for-like broken in Qlik on compulsory upgrade which may influence their purchasing decision.

Can anyone recommend a fix to avoid this, or at least allow me to send them screenshots soon?

I've tried reinstalling the extension and changing the lines of code back and forth as outlined here: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69868

Ideas?

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you delete the existing extension and uploaded the new one ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I'm using Desktop, so everything is local.

When the plugin stopped working I deleted the extension and installed it again from github.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am facing the same issue in Server Edition 3.1 however it works fine in desktop version.

When imported svgReader extension in server edition, the chart shows

"Invalid Visualization" The visualization was not found on the server: svgReader"

Any leads? Thanks in advance

Regards,

Monika

GiovanniC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

same issue on my QSense Desktop v12.44.1. It's a shame since I should work on shop floor map's statistics but I can't do it 😞

Any advise will be apreciated

Giovanni