Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hatimstovewala
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Get all Tasks list and their dependent tasks

Hi Qlik Community,

I have 600 tasks on my Qlik Sense Server and I need to have a Tasks list of all the tasks I have, their dependency tasks and their frequency, on QMC under Tasks I can see all the tasks but I want to have a way to Export that entire Task list and their dependency tasks. 

Is there a way to do it apart from manually clicking all the 600 tasks and noting their details one by one?

Regards,

Hatim Stovewala

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Reloads Monitor has a task hierarchy table in its data model that has the information you're looking for.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Gysbert_Wassenaar : Hi Gysbert, I have the same requirement to be able to visualize all the Tasks in QMC with their dependencies. However we are using February 2021 Qlik Sense Server , and the Reloads Monitor app doesn't have this table. 

Could you advice any other way to achieve this ? We do not want to connect to the Rest API connector and disturb the Post Gres DB for its sensitive nature. 

RajaDumpa_0-1634239291554.png

Apologies if this is a bit late to ask for this post. 

Sooraj_Suresh
Former Employee
Former Employee

@hatimstovewala @RajaDumpa 

The one easiest way you can achieve this is by simply opening the QMC -> Tasks in Internet Explorer.

Maks sure the view shows all the required tasks which you can scroll down and click on "Show More" untill you see all the tasks required.

Once all the list of tasks are displayed you can right click on the browser page and you will notic an option "Send to OneNote" and if there is OneNote installed then you can just export it to OneNote.

Please let us know if this was helpful.

Best Regards

Sooraj Suresh

RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sooraj, 

Thank you for the option, It's not working for me , as it seems to download all the main tasks, but a single task that has like 15 dependencies above or below is not breaking as per it's output. See the below minor sample we have where I need all those dependent tasks to be exported as per the dependency. 

RajaDumpa_1-1634565093650.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I rather doubt that the TaskHierarchy table is not part of the data model of the Reloads Monitor. I know for certain that table does exist in the 7.10 version of the Reloads Monitor. And afaik that is the version that's been shipped with Qlik Sense for the last couple of years.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Gysbert_Wassenaar  : Thank you for the input. We are in a constant process to optimize our task loads to meet the Business SLA's to get the reports ready by 8:00 AM EST etc. So this Task dependency data would help us a lot, to see what all tasks are needed to run tail-on to trigger other App reloads.

Is there another way to extract this Data ? using an API or some specific logs that I can look . Our Qlik sense version is Feb 2021. 

RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Gysbert_Wassenaar  : You have already answered the question on the first reply itself. I see a Task hierarchy table in the Reloads Monitor app has that data as seen below. We can create our own sheet and call this data to a Pivot table and see the details. 

Thank you. We need to close this post as solution found. 

RajaDumpa_0-1635173673072.png