Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulaRibeiro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

HTTP Error 404 in QlikSense Server Management Console

Hi everyone,

I have Qlik Sense Server and I have an error and I need your help to solve that. 

First, I try to access to QMC and I have a error message like Error 404. I tried reboot machine, restarted the services and Qlik Sense Engine Service stop and sent an error message saying something like "Sometimes service stop because is being used by some application".  I tried remove certificates of Qlik Sense and reinstall them, I tried too repair Qlik Sense. It doesn't work. 

Anyone have a different solution for that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulaRibeiro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your answers. The problem was solved right now.
The problem was in Host.cfg with the name of server machine.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sounds like you already have a webserver running on that machine. Is IIS installed on that machine too? Make sure there are no processes that use port 443. That port should be exclusively available for the Qlik Sense Proxy service.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

404 is "page not found". If the error comes from Qlik Sense (so, if you are seeing the Qlik Sense logo), then you might be using a wrong URL.

A possible cause for this is that you have changed the prefix for your virtual proxy.

If you don't see the Qlik Sense logo, then another webserver is intercepting the traffic. If the proxy service is starting correctly (you can check the logs), then you might have, for instance, IIS running on http and Qlik Sense running on https.

If the Proxy service is not starting correctly, then you definitely have a port conflict, with some other webserver locking the ports used by Qlik Sense. The Proxy --> Trace --> System_Proxy logs (in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy\Trace) will inform you about that.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Giuseppe_Novello

Can you check the Repository logs, since removing the certificate can lead to other issue, if you haven't run a bootstrap. 

Check for C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Trace \System_repository.txt logs. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Giuseppe_Novello

I think you answer the wrong post? the post has nothing to do about security, sheet level security ? Can you clarify? 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I can see that he posted the same answer here, which was the correct thread.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
PaulaRibeiro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your answers. The problem was solved right now.
The problem was in Host.cfg with the name of server machine.