Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrislemm
Partner - Contributor III

Hide Data Connections in Script Editor but let users use the hidden connection

Hello,

I've received the following request and I'm not sure if it's possible and how to solve it:

Our customer has a folder dataconnection. There's a binary load in an app referring to this dataconnection and loading a datamodel. Working perfect. They only want the user to use/load from the Dataconnection but wants it to be hidden in the script editor.

For example:

ScreenshotScreenshot

The only rules I could find are not editable for me:

OTIS Frage2.png

Is there any way to make this possible or can't you hide the dataconnection from the user, when you want him to use it?

Best greetings.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
akhi9219
Contributor
Contributor

Dear,

You create your own security rule for those apps and then you may be able to do this.

regards,

Akhilesh

Akhilesh Yadav
Qlik Developer
Mumbai
c-l
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Managed to find a solution for this?

chrislemm
Author

No. Unfortunately no one provided a useful workaround / solution. I'm still stuck with this problem. Maybe I'll have to make a case as a feature request to have those two security rules set to editable.

Greetings.

Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

I believe it is not possible because the Read action shows the dataconnection on the dev side. Our development team is working with security rules with custom properties. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSaaJZ7Jco