Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele_stenico
Partner - Contributor III

How change the Repository DB machine

Hi,

We have a qliksense April 2018 farm with 5 node and 1 machine for DB Repository (QSR). We have alson Installed a Back up DB Repository on another machine to be Disaster Recovery complianced. Well, How can I change the connection to Backup QSR from old one ? I mean, in the disaster situation where the DB machine has crashed I would like:

1) stop all qs services in every node

2) restore the last backup QSR on new Postgress machine

3) change the repository connection from crashed to new Postgress.

How can do the last step ? is there any configuration files ?

Thanks

5 Replies
michele_stenico
Author

Well,

I have found something on help online https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployme...

however I have followed the guide without lucky: the services started but the repository log got some errors. I have stopped the QS service of all node and I tried to start only central.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Michele,

You're going to want to use the QlikSenseUtil tool on all nodes to change the hostname value for the connection string for the Repository. Reference article: https://eu1.salesforce.com/kA5D00000004Pk9?srPos=10&srKp=ka5&lang=en_US

Hope that helps

michele_stenico
Author

Thanks for the answer, I read that, but is true also if I keep all other service node stopped ? I mean, I changed the setup only in one node (the master) because all other nodes were stopped. My plan was to test the configuration only on one node and If it worked completing the configuration on the others. However, tomorrow I re-tried,

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Which node do you plan to test on?

You can easily test on a RIM but keep in mind you will need to look at the Repository > Trace > System_Repository log in order to validate that the connection succeeds.

michele_stenico
Author

Hi,

I have reapeted  the activity and this time it worked. The last time I forgot to create the log DB on backup DB server. So here i list the main step I did

1) stop all qs services in every node

2) restore the last backup QSR on new Postgress machine

4) create a void DB log with void tables (I run the create script. I have copied it from the Master DB)

3) change the "connection string" , on Master node, Update the host Name with new one, using the C:\\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil\QlikSenseUtil.exe

4) Start the services on the Master node

5) change the "connection string" , on every RIM node, Update the host Name with new one, using the C:\\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil\QlikSenseUtil.exe

6) Start the services on the Rim node