Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III

How recover qvf file hub working area

Hi,

How to recover the qvf file from Qliksense server hub working area, when sense server services are not working.

Regards,

Zain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You'll need to find a match in the logs (including Archived ones, if necessarily), between the app's "friendly name" and its hash.
For instance, I have an app called "test".

I looked in the Engine\Audit\AuditActivity_Engine logs for the name, and I found this (screenshot attached). The file in my App folder is called "674b9367-2306-4026-a6eb-4458c12cbed6", like the object ID. 
You might have to look in older archived log files, if the app has not been opened recently.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi Zain!

if I understand your question right, you will find the qvfs in the Application subfolder of your cluster shared folder.

The file names will be in the form of a hash and there won't be the .qvf extension appended at the end, but you can just copy the file somewhere else and rename the copy to a .qvf file.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

kindly celebrate more to hash, also let me know the folder name where I found my file in sense server hub work area.

my application name is Liability Business.qvf, kindly let me know what I write in the search box.

Regards,

Zain.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You'll need to find a match in the logs (including Archived ones, if necessarily), between the app's "friendly name" and its hash.
For instance, I have an app called "test".

I looked in the Engine\Audit\AuditActivity_Engine logs for the name, and I found this (screenshot attached). The file in my App folder is called "674b9367-2306-4026-a6eb-4458c12cbed6", like the object ID. 
You might have to look in older archived log files, if the app has not been opened recently.

zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your details on this regards, I got work stream applications.
Dear Daniele, you save me to do a lot of works again.

Regards,

Zain.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Glad I could help. 🙂
Have a great day!