Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laxmanqlik
Creator II
Creator II

How to verify QS server can actually ping the ldap or not

How can i Verify that my QS server can actually ping the ldap server and is part of the domain.

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Open Cmd and ping to domain name or ip address of active directory.

Not applicable

Maybe you can use something like PuTTY to SSH to the LDAP server.

You can type set l or nltest /dsgetdc:{fully qualified domain name} from the command prompt to show your domain connection.

laxmanqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i tried the above it showing

Getting DC name failed:Status==1355  error no such domain

what is the solution for it.

Not applicable

What do you get if you just type: nltest /dsgetdc:

(with no name field) then hit return?

Set l should return the LOCALAPPDATE and LOGONSERVER parameters.

nltest should return the DC, Address, Dom Guid, Dom Name, Forest Name, Dc Site Name, Our Site Name, and Flags parameters, telling you what domain you are in..

ipconfig /all should also give you some domain information.

laxmanqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i am getting Getting DC name failed:Status==1355  error no such domain when typing nltest /dsgetdc:

Not applicable

Looks like you have an issue with the DSN setup then.

You didn't say what opsys you are using, but most windows have a "Register this connection's address in DNS" tick box on the DNS tab of the  ADVANCED TCP/IP SETTINGS screen (under networking properties) you could try making sure this is not ticked, then save and try again. If it still doesn't work try ticking this and saving again, then retrying. It sounds useless, but sometimes resetting the DNS setting just makes things work!

If that doesn't work, it seems like something else is stopping you from seeing the DNS server.