cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hybrid Solution Qlikview + Qlik Sense

Is it possible create a Hybrid Solution for our costumers with Qlikview Server and Publisher for our internal users and Qlik Sense to self-service discover?

Idea: One Qlikview Publisher extract data and sending qvw to internal users that use Qlikview Server. The same Publisher will deliver qvd data to Qlik Sense enviroment that have other applications to business research and analysis team.

All environments work with Active Directory and publisher could reduce data, send pdf to all users.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, this is  possible. The Sense qvf can even binary load the finished qvw!

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense can read QVDs and QVWs (binary load) that are generated from QlikView... so the answer is yes.  Both would use a Qlik Sense 'folder data connection' that would source the files directly from the file system.  Would the QVWs have embedded section access security ? 

You may need to separate the QVD reads that occur from QlikView from that which occurs from Qlik Sense but that is just a thought , not born of experience.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, this is  possible. The Sense qvf can even binary load the finished qvw!

-Rob

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi all,

I just migrated the .qvw in .qvf and changed some paths for data connection based on folder name.

The script loads data from qvd files created from qlikview and scheduled every hour.

The first time I could load all data without errors but taking much more time than qlikview.

But now I can't reload data from my sense app beacuse i got an error about the QVD's being created from Qlikview 11.2  and I need to convert them in the new format using STORE... INTO...

What does it means ? Currently I'm blocked..

Please help me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrea

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would contact support. The conversion from QlikView QVD format to Sense QVD format is supposed to happen automatically.

-Rob

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Rob,

It was my fault, I was commenting the "section application" statement for mistake.

The message "QVD's being created from Qlikview 11.2  and I need to convert them in the new format using STORE... INTO..." still appears but the script go on to the end without errors.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Regards

Andrea