cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdunphy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Increase Grid Size (40*40) and Adjust Object size for Dashboard

Hi, I recently trialled akl Alex Karlsson excellent grid adjuster on desktop. Can this be used on server  ? Also is it possible to 'shrink' objects in size ? or adjust font sizes

Also - is it possible to reduce space used by pivot table ? i.e. dimension buttons take a lot of space

Basically - we are looking to create a KPI Dashboard and would like to get more on screen. especially if viewing on a larger monitor

Think along the lines of the Stephen Few dashboard examples.

I think eventually we will remove objects to a simpler display but as a starting point there is a lot we are looking to fit on a single page and the 24*12 grid with large objects are limiting

I realise the guidelines around number of objects etc. - but would like to trial getting more on there in the form of multiple small charts, tables etc. without too much wasted white space

Thanks

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

So yes, all of those aspects are available in the APIs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

It sounds like you shouldn't be using the standard client for Qlik Sense if you have pixel perfect needs.

May I suggest either a solution built on top of the APIs or we have this other product QlikView...

bdunphy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Alex,

Have a number of business users who are developing in Sense and delivering KPI's to Management. so sense ideal for them to develop in as far easier than Qlikview. Also keen to use Stories for commentary, and the mobile / tablet deployment of Sense for people who travel.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

So yes, all of those aspects are available in the APIs.

bdunphy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes. thought that. Was hoping for an easy answer like. oh change this setting and modify Css . Will have to look further at mashups - API's etc. but moving away from Sense as a tool for the business to 'own' this themselves