Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denisetrujillo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Information query control

Hello everyone,

I need to have a control of the clients so I want to do the following:

I have an excel file which contains the keys of the companies

example:

Excel file

COMPANY

Demo1

Demo2

I want to link this information with the table of companies that I have in the database or qvd.

I want to indicate in the script is a condition in which you get the following: Yes the company code is not in the list of the excel file does not show information on the boards or graphics and send a message "Not Assigned the company "but everything from the script.

can you support me hic

Thank you...

9 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can use the following as template: It tests whether each DB-Company exists in the Excel file or not.

ExcelCompanies:
Load
  Company,

CompanyInExcel
From <ExcelFile> ;

DBCompanies:
Load
  Company,
  If(Exists(CompanyInExcel,Company), 'Listed Company', 'Non-listed Company') as CompanyStatus
From <DBFile> ;

suepenick
Creator
Creator

Thanks Henric - I can use this all over the place!

denisetrujillo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for helping; however, I have another question once I create the field. in each of the dimensions and measures I have to add it with an "if" conditional?
or with a variable?

denisetrujillo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for helping; however, I have another question once I create the field. in each of the dimensions and measures I have to add it with an "if" conditional?

or with a variable?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should not use If(). Nor should you use a variable.

If you want it as dimension, you can use the field as it is. If you want to use it as condition in a calculation, you should use Set Analysis, e.g.:

Sum({$<CompanyStatus={'Listed Company'}>} Amount)

suepenick
Creator
Creator

I feel like this is definitely a learning moment:

1) Does the set analysis improve processing speed over an if statement?

2) in the Masters Summit someone recommended add a flag in the load script

If(Exists(CompanyInExcel,Company), 1,0) as CompanyStatusFlag,

then in the expression Sum(CompanyStatusFlag * Amount)

since then - this is what I have been doing since all the formulas are so simple

does set analysis improve processing over using the Flag * amount?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

For large data amounts - when you need the speed - Set Analysis is faster than Sum(Flag * Amount). For small data amounts Set Analysis can be slightly slower than Sum(Flag * Amount).

There is however a second reason why you shouldn't use Sum(Flag * Amount): In some odd cases, this can result in incorrect numbers, whereas Set Analysis always returns the correct number.

Flags can still be good though. You can use these in Set Analysis.

HIC

suepenick
Creator
Creator

Thanks for the clarification! Though I always check my formulas and the sum(Flag*Amount) has not failed yet.

I shall test the set analysis in one of my bigger qvws.

denisetrujillo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for helping!!