Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor

Install Qlik Sense. Chage default host name.

Hi!

I want change the default host name in installation process. I always have an error during installation. In case when I use default host name - everything is ok. I try the next variations: test.com, ww.test.com, etc. Why do this happen? 

Version: September 2018

Thanks for yours reply.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You don't need to change the host name for that. You can install the certificate on your Qlik Sense server and add an A record in your DNS server for your Qlik Sense server with the name that's in the certificate.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why do you want to change the default host name? Especially to something that's part of a domain that you don't own. Qlik Sense won't be able to contact the services it expects at that host name you entered for the installation.

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Gysbert_Wassenaar thanks for your reply.

The main idea use the ssl certificate. As I know, I can't use certificate .*test.io when domain name is xhost.com for example. This idea from the topic from forum. Maybe you know more better idea than this.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You don't need to change the host name for that. You can install the certificate on your Qlik Sense server and add an A record in your DNS server for your Qlik Sense server with the name that's in the certificate.

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Gysbert_Wassenaar thanks. I'm going to try it.

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Gysbert_Wassenaar thanks.