Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Installing SSL certificate in Qliksense

Hi ,

I am trying to install SSL certificate  in Qliksense. I went through the below blog

Applying an SSL Certificate to Qlik Sense : Aginic Support     where they have  mentioned  the below steps

1. Launching MMC
  2. go to Add/Remove Snap-in and select Computer account
  3. select as local computer and go back to MMC
  4. go to Certificate -> Personal and Import the certificate
  5. After Importing certificate get the Thumb Print details  and copy it
  6. Go to QMC and in Proxies  and in security option  paste the Thumb Print with Whitespaces in text box and Apply it
  7. After that restart all the services and also  refresh the browser

I followed the above steps but was unable to successfully install it.Also I wnated to know what type of  SSL certificate is supported by Qliksense  Standard SSL certificate or  UCC SSL certificate

Thanks and Regards

Bhargav

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You have to make sure that you have a private key associated with certificate.

When you open the certificate you can see a * star mark stating that you have a private key.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for replying   I had associated the private key  with the certificate  but  still after following the steps mentioned in the blog  I was not able to successfully implement it.

Also I wanted to know what kind of certificate Qliksense supports  is it standard SSL certificate or UCC SSL certificate

Regards,

Bhargav

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hope you have seen below link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-proxy-certificate....

Also make sure that you installed the certificate with same user which is used for qlik sense installation.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lazaros06
Contributor
Contributor

This was very helpful. My services account was not part of the administrator group so I installed the certificate with a local admin account but somehow It didn't use the certificate. I had to add the account that is used to run the services to the local administrator group and then add the certificate from a session with this services account.

Once I got it running I removed the account used to run my qlik services from the administrator group and It failed again. I guess this account should always be in that administrator group.

Not applicable

wildcard certificate works on my site.

Not applicable

I am facing another trouble on setting up the SSL configuration.

After installing a wildcard certificate, my instance of Qlik Sense (qmc) works pretty good only on Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18639 with HTTPS protocol. The certificate and the private key are recognized by IE.

However, when I try to access it on Chrome or Firefox, the following error appears:

fail.png

fail2.png

I also monitored Windows Event Viewer, and noticed that two errors are always triggered every time I try to access the https URLs on Chrome and Firefox. Schannel Event IDs: 36888 and 36874.

fail3.png

Did anyone have a similar problem?

Qlik Sense works well with https on IE, but fails on Chrome and Firefox?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I feel it is nothing to do with Qlik Sense, but the setting on Chrome.

Try to clear the cache and see if it resolves, or upgrade to newer version of Chrome.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-to-signed...

First, double check to verify that the cert contains a private key, and that the key is stored within the cert in the Windows cert store. Second, use the qlik service admin account if you can to install the cert; never delete this account as it was created during the install and is always required. Next, you MUST remove empty spaces for thumbprints, which it seems you didn't do. It's best to use Qlik's site rather than 3rd parties.

In regards to the other questions, it's likely a TLS issue. Call support or search the Customer Portal for the articles that state how to fix it. TLS requirements have changed across versions and browsers.