Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Instructions on assembling zip with certificates for QDC

Hi,

Are there any instructions on how to assemble the zip file with certificates that the QDC needs when incorporating an existing site.

I have exported the client, server and root certificates (3 separate certificates) on my central node (including private keys and protected with the same password). Should I name these files in some specific manner before i zip them or what am I doing wrong when the QDC interface just gives me error messages when I try to use my zip file in the "Incorporate existing site" screen?

Error message: "Cannot fetch the certificates. Make sure that you have selected a valid certificate .zip file and entered the password that was used when exporting te certificates from the central Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS).: Cannot find the root certificate"

If i only put my root cert in the zip, I get the same error message except that it "cannot find the client certificate".

-Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Apparently you should export the certificates using the "Certificates" part in QMC as this exports all files in the correct format. If you use the MMC for exporting, there is a risk that the certificates are exported in the wrong format.

Remember to also "Include secrets key" when exporting.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Apparently you should export the certificates using the "Certificates" part in QMC as this exports all files in the correct format. If you use the MMC for exporting, there is a risk that the certificates are exported in the wrong format.

Remember to also "Include secrets key" when exporting.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This helped me .  I was able to get the "Next" button to activate so I could click it.  Once I click "Next" and I am on the Site Summary (2/2), I click on "Incorporate Site", and I get the following message:

Error when generating the site

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: serviceType

I keep clicking "Back" to try to figure out what's wrong but everything looks ok to me.  I guess I'll submit a case to support.

celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I also had this same problem and discussed it with Qlik Support. Apparently it is a bug in Qlik Deployment Console 2.1. This has been fixed in the 2.2 beta, I can confirm that it does work. Since QDC 2.2 is backward compatible, you can manage sites with older versions. If you don't have access to the beta programme you just have to wait until 2.2 is released (or a bug fix is released)

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Christian,

Thanks for this.  I didn't see your reply until after I was on the phone with Qlik Support.  I told them what you said on this thread.  Then I upgraded to 2.2 beta and I was able to get past this bug.  It makes me wonder though - does QDC 2.1.1 work for anybody, and if not, why is it still available?

balexbyrd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Christian, thank you for this post - I was using the QDC for 2.1.1 and kept getting a 'could not connect to QRS, make sure you have the correct client certificate'. I knew I had the correct certificates so I downloaded the QDC for 2.2.4 and was able to complete incorporating the site.

For those going through this, I'd suggest using the newest QDC (whichever version it might be) and the most current Repository Service Manager (if backing up and restoring) as the latest version of the software is backwards compatible (for now).