Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Is there a way to limit the number of apps a user can have open at 1 time?

Good day,

The ask is if there's any control on the Qlik Sense environment that we can impose a limit to the number of apps a user can have open at a given time.

On this particular environment, users have a habit of opening several of their apps all at once. And from there, they start their analysis. The issue with this is that Qlik Sense becomes slow unnecessarily due this behavior. 

I am aware of the 5 sessions per user, but I would like to limit the number of apps. Different apps opened on the same browser (just different tabs) on the same machine will still count as a single session (reference: https://support.qlik.com/articles/Basic/How-to-count-sessions-in-Qlik-Sense?articleId=How-to-count-s...) .

I have attached an example of a user shared with me: 13 apps opened. Limiting to 5 apps should be ideal.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

Hugo, 

The issue is this basically "users have a habit of opening several of their apps all at once."

Having several tab with different document open at the same time it should be a problem, the problem comes when they all open at the same time at once. Proxy needs to assign a session, if each app opens at once and it hasn't assign a session yet, proxy will believe its a new session its required for each tab and it when the problem comes, so for best for them to avoid the 5 session / 1 token issue, they need to open an app one by one, so the first tab open will see a session, browser will retain session and when the open the other tab with other apps, it will re-use the same session. 

Now on Qlik side, we do not have have anything that will stop allowing people to open tabs with new documents. Maybe a browser extension? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik