Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Highlighted
NahumMC
New Contributor II

Issue after Upgrade from June18 to November18

Hi everyone,

Im new working with Qlik deployments and there are a big issue after update from QlikSense Enterprise June18 to November18.

The deployment has two nodes, the steps I followed were as Qlik Help indicates:

1- Shudown all services from rim node.

2- Shutdown services from central node->install the update->restart manually all the services.

3- Do the same on rim node.

For that I use the same user that make the past updates and installation, and give the proper superuser admin for the postgreSQL during the process and apparently everything go ok.

According to QMC, all app migrated succesfully, both nodes are running the same services before the upgrade, the user for work has RootAdmin privileges, also over the apps, licenses is allocated for that user and nothing show problems.

But the reality is that if u open the hub, and try to open any app, don't have any effect, the browser (Chrome) open a new tab, but the results its a blank screen just with a '.' char. As you can see in the follow img:

 

Blank Hud.png

 

I checked that the app id is in QlikShare\App folder and is there, also its associated QlikShare\App\Search folder.

I don't know if this is could be a problem from web files, with permission, certificates, or any other issue but after check the logs I found some WARNING messages and some ERROR messages related to repository but I can't found the root of the issue.

I will be pleased to give any extra data you could need and thanks in advance for your time and help.

Nahúm.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NahumMC
New Contributor II

Re: Issue after Upgrade from June18 to November18

Hi Gno,

Thanks for your quick response.

I could find the problem and fix it, it was on the properties of client.html.

We apply a customize version of the old client.html and it was referring as could be see on the img for my first message to and old version of css and js files. 

So changing the file for the new one, and then applying again the customization on both nodes, now hub is displaying properly, with the customization changes, and all apps can be open and worked fine.

Thanks again for your time and your support.

Best Regards.
Nahúm.

2 Replies

Re: Issue after Upgrade from June18 to November18

App migration logs won't tell us more, other than if they migrated or not, which you stated it did. So I would check 3 places:

Engine : qlik/sense/logs/engine/trace/engine_system.log 

Proxy:  qlik/sense/logs/proxy/trace/system_proxy.log and audit_proxy.log

Repository:  qlik/sense/logs/repository/trace/system_repository.log

 

In chrome devtool, check in the "network" tab, and see if a call is failing to load or any "400" "404" or "500" errors. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
NahumMC
New Contributor II

Re: Issue after Upgrade from June18 to November18

Hi Gno,

Thanks for your quick response.

I could find the problem and fix it, it was on the properties of client.html.

We apply a customize version of the old client.html and it was referring as could be see on the img for my first message to and old version of css and js files. 

So changing the file for the new one, and then applying again the customization on both nodes, now hub is displaying properly, with the customization changes, and all apps can be open and worked fine.

Thanks again for your time and your support.

Best Regards.
Nahúm.