Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prmaciel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Issues instaling Qlik Sense Sep 2019

Hi,

i'm having issues upgrading Sense June 2019 to September 2019 in a multi node environment.

While updating central node, the setup program quits while upgrading repository database, raising an error "not being able to update the patch" and the installation log has a line "One or more of the files affected by the patch could not be changed".

So I tried to uninstall the only patch that was installed on server (Patch 2 2019 Jun) and the installation program can't finish the removal process, logging multiple errors:

Validation of \Client\app.6.105.7.css failed: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\app.6.105.7.css'.
Validation of \Client\app.6.105.7.css.gz failed: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\app.6.105.7.css.gz'.
Validation of \Client\app.6.105.7.js failed: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\app.6.105.7.js'.
Validation of \Client\app.6.105.7.js.gz failed: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\app.6.105.7.js.gz'.
etc..

Any help regarding these errors would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Paulo

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Then I would suggest to open a support ticket for further assistance. 

https://support.qlik.com/QS_ContactUs

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

9 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @prmaciel 

In what part of the log are you seeing the errors?

It is recommended to identify the cause of the failure as it is indicated in the following article:

How to read the installation logs for Qlik products

Kind regards.

See if someone else has found a solution: https://community.qlik.com

Search our knowledge base: https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CoveoSearch

View our documentation: https://help.qlik.com/

Enhance your knowledge and skills: https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
prmaciel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Nadia,

When I try to execute the september upgrade It stops at this page:

Erro.png

These are the last lines of the Qlik_Sense_September_2019_date.log file before the installer starts raising errors:

Registering package dependency provider: {253D2341-9733-4AA9-9DB1-404267450332}, version: 13.42.1, package: PostgreSQL
ProgressTypeMajorUpgrade
Starting execution of PostgreSQL
Applying execute package: PostgreSQL, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{253D2341-9733-4AA9-9DB1-404267450332}v13.42.1\PostgreSQL.msi, arguments: ' ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT="1" MSIFASTINSTALL="7" DBPASSWORD="*****" DBDATAFOLDER="C:\ProgramData\\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL" SERVICEUSER="taco\qlik_ti_adm" USERPASSWORD="*****" CENTRALREPOSITORY="0" BURN="1" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\" MODIFY="0" SKIPSTARTSERVICES="1" LASTSERVICE="QlikSensePrintingService" RANDOMPASSWORD="*****" SKIPDBCONFIG="0" SKIPDBVALIDATION="0" USINGPOSTGRESQL="" UNINSTALLEVERYTHING="" UNIQUEAPPGUID="D188A6E3-B88B-47A7-9E3B-465E3775BDAE" BURNUILEVEL="" FAIL="" DBLIMITEDUSERNAME="qliksenserepository" SKIPINSTALLDBSERVICE="1" DBPORT="4432" SHAREDPERSISTENCE="1" CONFIGUREPGLISTENER="" DBLISTENADDRESSES="" DBIPRANGE="" DBMAXCONNECTIONS="" DBDUMPFILEPATH="" UPGRADEPSQL="" REMOVEDUMP="" BUNDLETEMPDIRECTORY="C:\Windows\Temp\{73C6C02C-BFEA-4D83-897D-F957AF14997F}\.ba" ENCODEDUSERPASSWORD="*****" SHAREDROOTFOLDER="" STATICCONTENTROOT="" CUSTOMDATAROOT="" ARCHIVEDLOGSROOT="" APPSROOT="" SKIPVALIDATION="0"'
In Update Progress: 1
In Update Progress: 2
In Update Progress: 3
In Update Progress: 4
In Update Progress: 5
The installed patch could not be uninstalled automatically. Please uninstall it manually and try again.
Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.
Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine MSI package.
Detected failing msi: PostgreSQL

I attached the whole log file generated during the patch failed uninstall, hope these information can help.

Thanks for helping and have a good week!

Paulo

Giuseppe_Novello

This is not the actual issue, you need to find the last log prior the error, then search for "value 3" then above value 3, you will find your actual error, or else you can privately send me the whole "temp" folder that include all the installation logs so I can help you to find the issue. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
prmaciel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Gio,

thanks for your help. I was almost finishing an Qlik environment deploy with 3 new servers (2 Sense + 1 NPrinting) when I had this issues. Attached the latest logs from central node. 

best wishes,

Paulo

Giuseppe_Novello

Paulo,

According to the logs the issue is this:

Action 11:55:02 49 Patch was uninstalled with exit code: -1
CustomAction CA_UninstallPatch returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (B8:0C) [11:55:02:543]: Note: 1: 2265 2: 3: -2147287035
MSI (s) (B8:0C) [11:55:02:544]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (B8:0C) [11:55:02:544]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
Action ended 11:55:02: InstallExecute. Return value 3.

Refer to this article that include instructions on how to alleviate your issue:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000045707

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
prmaciel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

hi Gio,

thanks for your reply. As I described in the first post, both executables (sept 2019 install and june 2019 patch 2 uninstall) aren't finishing so I was unable to follow the provided guidance. Still trying to figure out what's happening and save all the time spent on configuring the servers.

Paulo

Giuseppe_Novello

I am sorry, I not able to undestand what you said on your last comment, can you clarify bit more? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
prmaciel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Gio,

Sorry for not being clear. I having problems with the Sept 2019 installer (the rollback issue) and also the Jun 2019 Patch 2 unistaller (the log describes missing files - as described in my first post in this question). I'm in a deadlock as I can't install Sept 2019 as it requires the patch uninstall and the patch uninstall exec. does not complete:

Erro.png

Thanks,

Paulo

Giuseppe_Novello

Then I would suggest to open a support ticket for further assistance. 

https://support.qlik.com/QS_ContactUs

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello