Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

It is not possible to uninstall Sense and make another install on same server?

I uninstalled working Sense server and then re-installed it succesfully.

When i try to log on to qmc i get:

This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

The same happens also in hub section.

When i try to look into the logs where i should start investigating?

There are many different logs for Sense..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The Sense uninstall leaves behind the repository under c:\programdata\qlik\sense

It also leaves behind 3 certificates.

You need to remove all of these 4 items BEFORE reinstalling

Just delete the aforementioned folder after the uninstall and use these steps to remove the certificates:

Steps to remove certificates:

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )

2. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account

3. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA

4. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient

5. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The Sense uninstall leaves behind the repository under c:\programdata\qlik\sense

It also leaves behind 3 certificates.

You need to remove all of these 4 items BEFORE reinstalling

Just delete the aforementioned folder after the uninstall and use these steps to remove the certificates:

Steps to remove certificates:

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )

2. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account

3. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA

4. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient

5. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.

Not applicable
Author

Somehow i am not able to find any c:\programdata\qlik\sense folder after uninstallation, but when i start installation it says that there is an existing Repository.

Also when i delete these certificates they appear again when i reboot the machine.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Joonas - just making sure - you have the view hidden folders option enabled correct?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Mike,

After i switched the hidden folders option to show, there is still not any QLIK/SENSE folder in program files,

and still:

stillQLikSenseAfterUninstallation.png

Not applicable
Author

I tried searching in program files, not in programdata, and now i found the qlik sense folder

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK Let us know - if you h ave any more issues and we will be happy to help you.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik