Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Local Network Directory

Hello,

I recently downloaded the latest version of Qlik Sense server (3.2.3) to a new server on Azure.

Beside User Administrator, I added another user  through  Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Users.

What I found weird is that I cannot find the Local Network option when adding a new User Directory Connectors although this option was available in all the previous versions.

The problem is that I can't see this new user  in the users tab in the QMC to allocate a new token for it.

Any idea how to add the local user directory to the qlik server?

Thanks,

Rima

No Local Network Directory.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So have just completed a fresh install and can confirm that if a local user tries to access the HUB and they are not previously defined as a Qlik user they will be added, and depending on your user token/access rules will access or you will have to manually assign a token.

As per other posts you can't pre-load local users in the latest version.

Don't forget to mark answers correct or helpful, this helps people know that you question has been answered

View solution in original post

10 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

To do manually rather than through a connector - If they try to access the hub, it should (well in the past) add them as a user, you then can allocate a token to them.

And FYI 3.2SR2 has the local Network option

What is also interesting with your actual Question is that

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/user-directory-connectors...‌ Exists as documentation but https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/user-directory-connectors... doesn't - does this mean that UDC connection has been removed?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah maybe the UDC connection has been removed or it is a bug and they forgot to add it in the latest version.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Any progress?  I have the same issue here in Italy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem..certainly a bug

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I deal with QlikTech Support few minutes ago and they reported me that it is sufficient that a local user authenticate to the HUB and appears in the user list in order to be eligible for a token.  I cannot test here because I decided to revert to 3.1.5.  The QS 3.2 did not have this kind of lack.

Not applicable
Author

How should this local user authenticate to the HUB? did they provide you with the steps? How should we allocate a token for this user? I reverted Qlik sense to 3.2.2 and I found the local network option.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

No details yet.  I'm waiting info from QT..

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It has been removed, it's not a bug

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?Id=ka5D00000004TnHIAU

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How should this local user authenticate to the HUB? -- They just try and log on, once that has happened they should be in the user list to enable you to assign a token and they try and access again (that is how it has worked in the past when doing manually and not through a UDC)

From the Article (I had to search as the link below didn't work for me)

Cause

This is as expected. According to changeset QLIK-72081 the local network UDC is considered unstable and lacks attributes like syncing user attributes (group). Due to this and other priorities, this functionality was removed from 3.2.3 and will be expected to be removed from 4.0.0 for users on the 3.0.x track.

This change in UDC options will not hinder the ability of local users from accessing Qlik Sense either through the Hub or QMC, merely the ability to add local users through a UDC ahead of time. When a local user attempts to authenticate into Qlik Sense, there will still be validation of whether this user exists locally and whether the password entered matches the password for the local user.