Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Login Access Pass problems

Hi Guys! I am using Qlik Sense server 1.1 The Issue is that yesterday I created a mashup which I wanted to allow anonymous users within our AD to be able to access. It worked fine when I used the login pass rule: user name like value * (for all users). The problem was that when I created this rule the user access users were also recognized as login pass users and since many people were logging in and out it used up all the passes (1 token). This must be because of the anonymous setting. Today I tried adding, AND/OR rules and also adding a new rule to exclude my name but I still get the message that I don’t have an access pass. So the question is how to combine anonymous access for all users in the AD with a couple of user access users without running out of tokens. It only works for me to access the hub after I login at qmc. Is this the only solution for the user access users? I would really appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks!

Thanks!

Sahir Ahmed

20 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Jeffery,

I read your comment and implemented the solution. Yes your can restrict a user access holding person to consume a login access token.

What I understood, If I create custom property of USERS and assigned to 10 users and create a user access rule with the same custom property, automatically it assign 10 user access token to assigned custom property users.

You have added as :

The other thing you can do is set up a virtual proxy that does not allow anonymous connections and route your named users through there and create another virtual proxy that allows anonymous and send your login access users through that vp.

I am on this point:I have created one new virtual proxy with prefix DEMO and link to central proxy. I tried to login with https://node/DEMO/hub but it shows me no name as what is the user name. how can I bifurcate users by two virtual proxies. I mean to say 10 user login with first and other 10 will login with second one

As I am trying to implement QAP solution, so I am trying how anonymous or non anonymous user can access the Qlik Sense objects implemented in web portal.

Please guide me how to use newly created virtual proxy for anonymous users (I believe when we implement QAP we need to provide access to anonymous users as we can't keep so much big users list or anyone can come and access public portal where Qlik Sense objects got implemented ).

I welcome tickets, Videos or document which can guide me and please add your inputs as I could be wrong.