Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Master items not available when duplicate application

Hello,

User can create their sheets and master items on a published app.

When a custom is published and approve, everyone can see theses news objects.

But when I duplicate the application, the duplicated application does not contain the new master items just created.

How can I have these news objects on the duplicated application?

Thank in advance,

Regards,

Fab

Labels (3)
7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is that duplication from Hub/QMC/File folder?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

duplication from hub or QMC

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've done like 3 steps using QMC / Hub / File. There is no problem. Can you please check the security rules for Visualization?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello,

I just tested on a server with the original security rules, it doesn't work:

- On a publish app, I create (or duplicate) a new sheet

- I edit this sheet to add some master item, new mesures, new dimensions

- I publish the sheet

- I approve the sheet

- I duplicate the application

=> When I open the duplicated application, the new mesures and dimensions are not in the application and visualisations using these master items displaya error message "incomplete visualisation".

Regards

Fabrice Callegari

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Maybe this helps?

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000060686

Did u approved sheet before duplicate app?

analienx
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is clear that Qlik guidelines miss something here. On the one hand they (by default) restrict to do full development in preview/sharing stream by many limitations (unability to update/create master items for published apps, re-order base/community sheets etc) on the other hand they say "if you need to do development and share it dedicate for it a specific stream". Indeed if you restrict doing so the problem wont occur but thats not point here. It is clear bug that is called as feature, simply as that

You can call it "known bug " from your point of view

QlikMaster1
Contributor III
Contributor III

It seems that in their wisdom that in theory you can create a security rule that provides a function that then has no ability to approve the objects.

Take the example that I could write an app_object * rule 

I give it the ability to create, read, update, delete.

I can then say group x has permission for published = true

Then specify that they have app object create for : Story, Sheet, Bookmark and MasterObject.

What I don't get is that that you should only be allowed to create Master Objects in an published = false state according to the logic with an app that is also with a state of app published = false, but qlik allow for a rule to be written as true, rather than having a function in to identify if published = true allow said list and published = false should allow the following app object list excluding = master objects.

This way and with the editor error with a message why it cannot be done would stop this issue occuring or put in the function to allow for where master objects can be created as part of community work to be approved like you can approve app objects or sheets as admin or in the qmc.