Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving from Single node to multi node

If I want to move from a single node setup to a multi node setup. ie 1 x production server + 1 server configured as a development only rim node server with separate \DEV URL proxy. Can I set this up so that it is set to automatic failover as well as load balancing between PROD and DEV rim server with just the 2 servers or do I need an additional server to load balance.

Also if I want to use the same Active Directory service account for the 2 servers is this possible or should I be using a separate AD service account for each server. If separate AD service accounts are used for each server how do we setup shared persistance to work between the 2 servers in relation to file rights and service management for services on the servers.

2 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Answer for your first Question is yes and for second is no. we need same service user to run services on central and rim nodes.
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as LIKE. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as LIKE if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best,
Rohit
rohitk1609
Master
Master

If still issue is not fixed, lets have a discussion here:
Best Practices for Qlik Sense Multi-Node Setup & Load Balancing(Let's Discuss Problem here)