Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving the Published App from UAT server to Production Server ?

Hi All,

We are preparing some documentation about the Qlik Sense like comparison of with QlikView and Features that will highlight in Qlik Sense. In this i got few questions that

1. If a user has developed his own report in my work in UAT Hub server and now he wants to move/publish that App to the Production Hub server. How can he do that ?

2. Any concept related to the MetaData

3. What is Qlik Data Market and its use ?

4. Any distribution of the Application file through Email like in Qlikview i believe (through Scheduler if possible)?

Please bare with me for asking any silly question !!

Thanks for you time for looking into this

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Santosh,

thanks for asking those questions. Here are some answers:

1. In order to transfer apps in between of sites you can use our Qlik Deployment Console. You do not have to install your Sites by using the QDC because you can as well only incorporate your existing sites into it and then transfer the content in between. This is just a screenshot of it and how it looks like in the QDC when you create a task for it. There is much more to come about this in the next versions of Sense:

QDC_Transfer_Task.jpg

Apart from that I can suggest you to take a look into the Deployment Framework as a guidance for how to prepare content in order to make it easier to deploy.

2. The Deployment Framework is using our Meta Data already but there is more to come in regards to our road map where Data Governance is on big topic.

3. http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qlik-datamarket

4. There is no distribution of files like in QlikView. Inside of your site, files are synced in between of nodes and you can control this by using sync rules. When talking about a site to site transfer, I'd refer back to topic number 1.

I hope this helps and let me / us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Santosh,

thanks for asking those questions. Here are some answers:

1. In order to transfer apps in between of sites you can use our Qlik Deployment Console. You do not have to install your Sites by using the QDC because you can as well only incorporate your existing sites into it and then transfer the content in between. This is just a screenshot of it and how it looks like in the QDC when you create a task for it. There is much more to come about this in the next versions of Sense:

QDC_Transfer_Task.jpg

Apart from that I can suggest you to take a look into the Deployment Framework as a guidance for how to prepare content in order to make it easier to deploy.

2. The Deployment Framework is using our Meta Data already but there is more to come in regards to our road map where Data Governance is on big topic.

3. http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qlik-datamarket

4. There is no distribution of files like in QlikView. Inside of your site, files are synced in between of nodes and you can control this by using sync rules. When talking about a site to site transfer, I'd refer back to topic number 1.

I hope this helps and let me / us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your information, I really dont know that there exist a Deployment console setup too...i was believing till now that i need to create separate streams for the related environment.

But could you guide me on how to learn this in a step by step manner like i am beginner in qlik sense system admin and i am totally new to this deployment console, can you guide me how can i work on it like installation and testing it by doing some R & D on it ?

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Santosh,

I've just uploaded a documente I created in order to explain the QDC 2.0 capabilities. You can find it here: QDC_2_0_demo_v03.pdf

The QDC is available on our download page and you won't need a license for it because it is free of charge.

You will find more technical details about the QDC on our help page: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/DeploymentConsole/Content/QDC/QDC-HTML-In...

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp