Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Network Load Balancer - Qlik Sense Multi-Node site

‌Hello,

I've implemented a multi-node site (2 nodes, only difference is the central node handles the schedule) and my original understanding was that Qlik Sense, with the correct configuration, was able to facilitate load balancing out of the box, i.e. I don't need a network load balancer. Is this correct? I'm having issues with the rim node with no contact to the server and the Hub saying I've lost connection every 5 minutes or so.

Thanks,

Ralph

5 Replies
kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Qlik sense support load balancing between nodes in multi-node site, do not need a network load balancer, just config in Qlik QMC.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/add-load-balance.htm

About issue with RIM node, please check Port between two server, white list in Virtual Proxy..

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Regards

An Pham

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

‌Thanks, in relation to the load balancing query that was my interpretation of it too, but Qlik suggested using a network load balancer ....

I'll double check the ports later today but all the appropriate ones should be already open.

Thanks,

Ralph

Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ralph,

Do you have any solution for this problem, I am facing the same.

Thanks.

Yousef Amarneh
ToniFer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yousef,

Do you have any solution for this problem, I am facing the same.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kenphamvn wrote:

Hi

Qlik sense support load balancing between nodes in multi-node site, do not need a network load balancer, just config in Qlik QMC.

An Pham

So how would you do it An Pham?

lets say we have 2 nodes and want to balance traffic load between both of them. Would you do it with a virtual IP? or how do you redirect from one server to the other?

@kenphamvn PLEASE need assistance so that we don't need a network load balancer.

Thanks in advance

BR

Dai