Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmangat79
Contributor
Contributor

New Qlik Sense server installation - not able to bring up Hub

Hi, I'm installing Qlik sense server for the first name and am able to bring up the QMC but not the Hub.  I get an "internal server error" and then "proxy is waiting for a new session" error when I try to open up Hub.  I have already tried restarting all the services and rebooting the machine that Qlik runs on .  I see the following error in the Proxy trace log:

When contacting https://servername:4900/  The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.REST.Client.WebClientEx.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)↵↓   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)  0e10c95c-8d83-4cb8-8a66-7d2950798e64

17 Replies
chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you added the licenses and allocated yourself a license or created a login rule? It could be that you're simply not receiving a license.

fmangat79
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes I've allocated myself a license.   Not sure what you mean by "created a login rule".  Can you please clarify?

siddharth_s3
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try enabling http from QMC and see if it works.

fmangat79
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have tried that as well. Does it matter if IIS is running on the server?

siddharth_s3
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It very much does, yes.

IIS sits on port 443 which is where your proxy service is enabled as well.

Try the following:

Stop Qlik Services by stopping Qlik Repository Database (which will stop all services)

Stop IIS with the command

iisreset /stop

Then start Qlik Services back in the following order:

1) Qlik Repository service

2) All other services.

Check if Qlik starts working

fmangat79
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for this suggestion.  tried stopping IIS and then stopping and restarting qlik services in the order you mentioned.   I'm still getting the same error when I try to open Hub

chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can put tokens in a sort of pool for users that only log in occasionally so that they are not taking a full token (one token = 10 sessions in that mode). If you've already allocated yourself a license, then that's not the issue.

chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, I had a similar issue when I first started up. Qlik has a built in Web server, so you do not need IIS. I completely removed IIS from my server completely.

fmangat79
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I thought it might be a problem with certificates, so I tried following the steps listed on the below thread to delete the certificates: Cannot connect to Qlik Sense server

But now this seems to have created a different problem.  Now when I try to access both the hub or qmc ,  I get this error:  the remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

Help!!

To help on the point Katarina made, here is the process to find and possibly recreate the certificates if you need to -

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services