cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

New Users cannot see Streams in Hub

Hi Everyone. I have a customer that has a problem that i cannot wrap my head around. It feels like i have done this hundreds of times and i should know how to fix it, but Im stuck and need your help.

The customer uses custom properties to add access to streams. We use a standard rule for all streams that say if the user and the stream have the same value for this CP, the user shoudl get access to the stream. This has worked well. But about a week ago i did a server migration to a new environment. Befor we had a singel node but in the new enviroment we have three nodes. The Central node is just Scheduler master and host the Repository and the fileshare, but nothing else.

The other two nodes have some simple load balancing rules where all apps in the production streams run on a "prod"-server and all other run on a "dev"-server. That way we can run the heavy extract and transform tasks and development on one server and end-user actions on the other server. The two proxies have each-other in the load-balancer, witch means that it doesnt mater witch server you browse to, you should see all apps and the experience should be the same, bu the load should be distributed to the correct node. All this works well.

The problem is that when we try to add new users to the get access to existing streams, they dont see it. Its just not there. If i do an audit on the stream, it looks like the users can access it. I have also checked that the rules is not set to "QMC only". The strange thing is that it works for existing uses (befor the migration) but not new ones. Its like QS doesnt even care about the rule.
I have even tried creating a new stream, from scratch and create a simple rule that just day give user X access to stream y. You know, the standard rule that you get when you first create a stream. But it doesnt work. Again, in audit, it works, but the end user cannot see the stream. I have tried accessing the HUB from all three servers, still the same issue. I can even add the user as root-admin and they still cant see the stream.

My guess is that there is some kind of rule somewhere screwing this up. I just dont know how to fins it or find what i have done wrong. Anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Im experienced something similiar to this(different scenario), restarting the QS site(postgresql) solved this for me but coulnt find the root cause.

You can try to ceate godmode SR and give access to new users to see if issiue is related with rules

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000036789