Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergio_loza
Partner - Contributor III

No Access Pass for Service account :Reload License Monitor taking 3 sessions on its own (Nov 2018)

Hi community

I understand that the topic has been brought up before, but will there be a fix at some point for background services and its compliance to a five QRS session limit?

We are using the latest monitoring apps (as per November)

In it i see that the license monitor makes 3 QRS calls using the REST client ( attached). This alone consumes 3 sessions .

@Michael_Tarallo, I am not clear  as to the recommendation found here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Issue-in-Apr-2018-release-of-Qliksense/m-p/40669

What is the benefit of make sure that the account starting the services is not the same RootAdmin account used in Qlik Sense.  Would this new service account also run into session pass issues? 

In discussing the topic, another person added:

or to create a dedicated user (without a token) and modify the Monitoring Apps Data Connector (monitor_*) to run with this new user.

Note: The user running those data connections needs to be RootAdmin.

Wouldn't this dedicated user run into session pass issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I will try to clarify.

So as of Qlik Sense April 2018, reloading the monitoring apps will make the user (by default the service account) running the monitoring applications data connection (Monitor_*) consume sessions if this user has an access pass.

So there are basically two solutions/workarounds:

• The first and recommended one is to not allocate an access pass to the Qlik Sense Service Account.
  • The second one is to modify the Monitoring Application Data Connection to run with a dedicated user which will not have any access pass allocated. 

In both cases, this user won't be provided access to the HUB since they don't have any access pass. 

Some additional information here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000051633.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I will try to clarify.

So as of Qlik Sense April 2018, reloading the monitoring apps will make the user (by default the service account) running the monitoring applications data connection (Monitor_*) consume sessions if this user has an access pass.

So there are basically two solutions/workarounds:

• The first and recommended one is to not allocate an access pass to the Qlik Sense Service Account.
  • The second one is to modify the Monitoring Application Data Connection to run with a dedicated user which will not have any access pass allocated. 

In both cases, this user won't be provided access to the HUB since they don't have any access pass. 

Some additional information here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000051633.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
sergio_loza
Author

Hi Bastien, thanks for taking an interest in the question. We use a the service account user to make a number of QRS calls for deployment purposes. -> Setup proxies, security rules, custom properties, load apps etc. While we were dissapointed, we are making a few changes to ensure that the qrs session limit [5] is not met on that front.

I have a follow up questions about the recommended approach:
Can the service user still make qrs calls if it doesn't have access pass?