Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connection - You do not have access to the data source

I'm using an ODBC connection successfully with QlikSense Desktop.

However, I've recently set up a QlikSense server. I'm attempting to connect to the same source, but I am getting the error message "You do not have access to the data source".

To confirm, I am using the system DSN and 64-bit version of the connector. Any help would be appreciated.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sent a solution from Qlik. Need to disable the standard mode on the QMC > Engines > Central Engine > Edit > Advanced (see Standard mode checkbox at the bottom - untick and restart Engines service).

This means however that you are not able to restrict access to the Data source you create to only some of the users, which makes it a potentially unworkable solution.

Regards,

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Good Morning,

I got a similar problem with the last version of qlik sense server enterprise.

I installed on my win7 64bit client the oracle instant client odbc connector, last or older releases,and made the odbc connections. From qlik sense client worked all perfectly.

So now we're in the time evaluation period of the server, and the automatic connection from the server to the odbc oracle db  is very important to decide if buy or not it.

I made the same procedure (I followed to configure my client) to install the odbc on w2k12 std 64bit english server, but when I open the qlik sense app management on the server, the odbc connections are blank and I cannot go on when I put into the login password and service name manually (for both connections 32 and 64bit, I installaed odbc 64bit) . I uncheck the standard mode as told in the past post here, but I cannot see the odbc connections again. I uninstall the oracle instant client and relative settings, and I install the qlik odbc package on the server, I made again the odbc connections using qlik drivers, but in the server again I cannot see the list of possibly odbc connections. Could be a problem of security permissions? Where I can manage it?

Thanks

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Please start your question in your own topic.

This topic is flagged "Answered" and as a result will not get the attention that your question might require.

Topic locked.

May you live in interesting times!