Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC connects to mysql but doesnt load table contents

I am using Qlik Sense Desktop v 3.0 to connect to a mysql community edition database accross a network using mysql-connector-odbc 5.3.

When I connect to the database, QLik appears to connect correctly, I can see my database on the drop down screen and the list of tables from my database populates on the left hand side.

However  when I click on one of the tables, I cannot load any row data into quick view.

I have tested my connection using an alternative mysql client on the same machine and apparently can make sql queries accross the network on the same machine.

I do not see any error messages, but I also notice that the "Owner" drop down on the top left is "undefined" and does not give me any options.  I tried with both 32 bit and 64bit drivers and got the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Workaround: Use an OLE connection, select the OLE Connector for ODBC and specify the ODBC connection you've already defined.  This worked for us.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have exactly the same problem (same version of Qlik Sense and ODBC connector).

Captura8.PNG

Anyone know what might be happening?

Not applicable
Author

I have this problem too. What can do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am also seeing the same behavior.  The MySQL EE driver inside Qlik won't connect to CE databases, and the ODBC-based connection won't allow data to load.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Workaround: Use an OLE connection, select the OLE Connector for ODBC and specify the ODBC connection you've already defined.  This worked for us.

Not applicable
Author

I found another workaround - install v.2.2.4 and ODBC will begin working.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jeff it took me a while to work it out but with your help I got there:

In my case I used "provider" = "microsoftOldDBProvider for ODBC drivers" and as "datasource" I user the name of my ODBC connection I had created previously in windows.  I only got there after going to this page link below:

How to Test a Database Connection String using NotePad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use an alternative MySQL ODBC driver which is compatible with Qlik just fine. Tested it with mysql database - worked fine. Here is the connection guide ODBC Driver for MySQL Documentation