Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Password Acces for User Directory Connector (UDC) - Via Excel ODBC

Hi Dear Qv Community

I managed to make the integration of a list of users of Excel through ODBC excel as video explains Michael Tarallo, but not how to add a password to the user. Can anyone help with this? thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Marcos,

Did the information above assist with your challenges?  If so, please remark as helpful or answered.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable

I have an aditional problem that i believed was solved, but today fix again, please chec the Yellow Message. When i had the problem first time, i solved installing Excel ODBC Driver to x64 machine and works fine yesterday.

The root user of QMC and Service User as the same, and has full control permission in the folder

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

Marcos, User Directory Connections do not provide authentication (userid/password) services.  Authentication requires an identity management solution to supply userid and password checks, and Qlik provides the last mile through ticketing, header injection, or the session API.

Out of the box, Active Directory authentication is available, but alternative identity management solutions require the implementations mentioned above.  For more information, go here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ServerDeploymentConfiguration/Content/Server/...

For a test, you may want to take a look at Fredrik Lautrup's AccessControlTestModule.  It will demonstrate how ticketing works.  You can download the module here: Access Control Test Module

For documentation on setup, go here: Install Configure Access Control Test Module for Qlik Sense 1.x.

jg

Not applicable

Marcos, on your second note, what are the names of the sheets with user and attribute information.  Are they really SheetA and SheetB?  Those items should match the name of the sheet in the file specified.  In addition, the format needs to match the following:

Users

1userid,name

JoD,John Doe

Attributes

1userid,type,value
2JoD,email,jod@gmail.com

jg

Not applicable

Marcos,

Did the information above assist with your challenges?  If so, please remark as helpful or answered.

Thank you.

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jeffrey

Thanks for the answer was right for me, and congratulations for the Fast Track Learning: Qlik Sense Security Integration presentation

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Everybody

I managed to make the integration of a list of users of Excel through ODBC excel

I'm trying to configure an UDC and I have the same error describe above.

caperror.png

My driver installed on my virtual marchine :

driver.png

Location of my excel file :

cap2.png

My Excel file :

error5.png

Would you like to help me?

Thanks for your answer!

R.R

Not applicable

did you solve your porblem?

Not applicable

Please see the format above and here:

Users

1userid,name

JoD,John Doe

Attributes

1userid,type,value
2JoD,email,jod@gmail.com

and here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ODBC-example.htm

OmarBenSalem

Hi guys,

I still can't figure out how to use my imported Excel Users.

I'll explain my point and I really hope that I'll finally get an answer.

I have a stream called : formation; those who have access to it, are the one with a customProperty :Employees.

+ I have a login license for my "Employees".

Now, if I import my LocalUsers through UDC: for example, I have a local user named OmarBS.

I'll add to OmarBS, the CustomProperty:"Employees".

Now, if a connect to the Hub with OmarBS, and enter its password; I will have access to my Stream: "formation".

Now, in the other hand, if I import users via Excel; how can I use them?

Let's suppose I imported 2 users with excel: omar1, omar2, each one has a post, an email etc..

What to do to make the omar1 see the Stream "Formation"?

How am I supposed to connect to the HUB with the omar1 to make him see the Formation stream?

I can assign to him the "Employees" custom property, and then what?

I can't connect with omar1 since the user does not exist; has no password etc.

I know that UDC is for authorisatio, the authentication is handled by the proxy etc.

But what's the point of importing the Excel users if I can't use them?

I really hope that you do get my question ! I'm really in need of an answer..

Thanks,

Omar,