Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jialiangyao
Contributor
Contributor

Possible to increase the number of Users I can add to a security rule?

Hi all,

In my QMC hub, I have tokens being shared with many users. When I try to add them under the same security rule, it says max characters 2048 reached. Is there a way to increase the number of Users I can add to a security rule?

Thank you

1 Reply
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi jialiangyao,

You may create a custom property lets say "AccessUsers" with resources USER and one value to it lets say "AU". Assigned this AU custom property to your required users by opening each user one by one and write a security rule with stream template as ((user.@AccessUsers="AU")). you donot need to update the security rule again. use custom proprty value instead.
For deep dive how to write rules for access please refer:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Sheet-or-App-Object-Level-Security-Qli...

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as LIKE. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as LIKE if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best,
Rohit