Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III

PostgreSQL event viewer errors

Our November 2018 Patch 2 Qlik Sense install has been experiencing some crashes and bouts of non-responsiveness.

When reviewing the windows event viewer the errors all seems to relate to PostgreSQL.

Did something in our postgresql database get corrupted?
Is there a way to repair the database?

The two most common errors are listed below:

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

ERROR:  column c.CreatedOn does not exist at character 10
STATEMENT:  SELECT 
	c."CreatedOn"
	FROM "__MigrationHistory" AS c
	LIMIT 1 
The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

ERROR:  relation "nodes" already exists
STATEMENT:  CREATE TABLE nodes (
		hash BYTEA PRIMARY KEY,
		refs INT NOT NULL,
		value BYTEA,
		value_string TEXT,
		datatype TEXT,
		language TEXT,
		iri BOOLEAN,
		bnode BOOLEAN,
		value_int BIGINT,
		value_bool BOOLEAN,
		value_float double precision,
		value_time timestamp with time zone
	);
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

So those two events are harmless to your system.

• The first one will occur every time you start the Qlik Sense Repository Service https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005410
  • The second one shows up whenever precedents service starts up (Qlik Sense Dispatcher Service), we re-run the appropriate database initialization request. This is to ensure the required tables exist before we start using them. An unfortunate side effect is that an event gets logged when the tables already exist https://support.qlik.com/articles/000071291

There is no proper way to get rid of those events as far as I know.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

So those two events are harmless to your system.

• The first one will occur every time you start the Qlik Sense Repository Service https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005410
  • The second one shows up whenever precedents service starts up (Qlik Sense Dispatcher Service), we re-run the appropriate database initialization request. This is to ensure the required tables exist before we start using them. An unfortunate side effect is that an event gets logged when the tables already exist https://support.qlik.com/articles/000071291

There is no proper way to get rid of those events as far as I know.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the quick response.

Raju_6952
Creator
Creator

Hi @Bastien_Laugiero ,

Is there any way to fix this error?

Regards,

Raju

Bamendaboyplus
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have had to replace  3 hardware\servers in less than 3 months, every time to replace the last one. I was/am not sure why the servers go offline on their own, first I though it was a hardware issue  but now its obvious its software. Only thing running is Qlik, I see a lot of the postgre errors in logs, any ideas will help , running release feb 2023