Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Postgres Superuser

Hi All,

I have a Qlik instance where I don't know the superuser password, I am aware there are plenty of discussions around how to reset the superuser password, what I would like to know is the Superuser (not the Qlik Repository User) password stored or used anywhere in Qlik ie if I change it will I need to change in Qlik somewhere?

Cheers

Barry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

No worries. If you happen to be using the postgres user for connections from the Repository service to the database you should be able to tell using the ConnectionStringEditor  (default location: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\ConnectionStringEditor\ConnectionStringEditor.exe ) to inspect the underlying connection string. If the user is postgres, then you'd want to update the password (generally need to run as admin to write to %ProgramFiles%). If it's qliksenserepository, then this change should not affect Qlik Sense.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

That is the PostgreSQL superuser password.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Whether it's used depends on what has been configured. Are you on Shared or Sync persistence? Version?

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Shared...

Thanks for the attachment too, I'll give this ago in the next day or so...

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Version?

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

doh, miss-read your last response, read as "Shared or sync persistence version?"

Version is 3.2 SR1, yes we know we need to upgrade it, hence trying to make sure we have the correct password

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

No worries. If you happen to be using the postgres user for connections from the Repository service to the database you should be able to tell using the ConnectionStringEditor  (default location: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\ConnectionStringEditor\ConnectionStringEditor.exe ) to inspect the underlying connection string. If the user is postgres, then you'd want to update the password (generally need to run as admin to write to %ProgramFiles%). If it's qliksenserepository, then this change should not affect Qlik Sense.

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks, Looks like it is using the qliksenserepository user...